Holy Cross Mercy School
Holy Cross Primary School is a Roman Catholic school situated on New Road, Killarney. It was opened on 1st July 1977, replacing the old stone-cut Mercy Convent National School on Rock Road, run by the Mercy Sisters from 1888 to 1977. Today the school has fourteen mainstream classes, four Special Education Teachers and three Language Support Teachers. It is co-educational from Junior Infants to First Class and only girls attend from second to sixth. Our school motto is "TRUST IN GOD BELIEVE IN YOURSELF DARE TO DREAM". It is our earnest wish that each pupil would leave the school with an enhanced self-image, a good code of ethics and the skills to cope with our changing society. We were awarded our third Green Flag this year. Our pupils and staff are very committed to environmental awareness. In the Tidy Towns Competition we were the Regional Winners. In the Killarney Looking Good Competition we won the Race Against Waste Category for the second year in a row. Extra Curricular Activities that are currently available in the school include the following: Choir, Music, Dancing, Speech & Drama, French, Football, Basketball, Art & Craft.